Facility and Risk Management Tips presented by www.solidrockfacilitymanagers.com
Investing in integrated pest control and fumigation services. Benefits of Intergrated Pest Management . Part Three
Today we continue our series on investing in integrated pest control and fumigation services with focus on the benefits of IPM.
Benefits of Intergrated Pest Management
An integrated pest management (IPM) approach integrates preventive and corrective measures to keep pests from causing significant problems, with minimum risk or hazard to humans and desirable components of their environment. IPM is a flexible, dynamic strategy, which needs updating periodically as information is received from management practice results. IPM programs have proven a track record of significantly reducing the risks and related to pesticides, while improving quality, health and welfare of the environment.
At Solid Rock, we have identified eleven (11) of the benefits of an integrated approach:
1. Promotes sound structures and healthy living
2. Promotes sustainable bio-based pest management alternatives.
3. Reduces environmental risk associated with pest management by encouraging the adoption of more ecologically benign control tactics
4. Reduces the potential for air and ground water contamination
5. Protects non-target species through reduced impact of pest management activities.
6. Reduces the need for pesticides by using several pest management methods
7. Reduces or eliminates issues related to pesticide residue
8. Reduces or eliminates re-entry interval restrictions
9. Decreases worker, tenant and public exposure to pesticides
10. Alleviates public concern about pest and pesticide-related practices
11. Maintains or increases the cost-effectiveness of a pest management program
Adoption of IPM strategies provides economic benefits due to sustained development, increased productivity and reduced pest damage. The options that IPM can offer make sole reliance upon synthetic pesticides a thing of the past. In the long-term, everyone benefits through a healthier environment.
Investing in Pest Control With a Quality Team
Investing in pest control is important for a number of reasons. It can save you money, protect your health, and keep your valuables safe from harm. If you’re dealing with a pest problem, don’t wait to get help. Contact Solid Rock Facility Management Company Limited today to schedule a free consultation. We’ll work with you to create a customized pest control plan that meets your specific needs.
Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help tackle your pest problems!
At Solid Rock, we are behind your business success